Safety is our number one priority. Wait, you say you've heard that from other company's before? Well, with IITI you've found the real thing. The IITI Safety Program has been recognized as one of the best by a contractor of our size by The Illowa Construction Labor and Management Council in 2003 and 2004. We won national recognition in 2005 by the National Insulation Association and won the Midwest Insulation Contractors Associations Safety Best Practices Award in 2006.
IITI is serious about safety because it is serious. We are serious about the protection of our customers and their projects. Overall, IITI’s professionalism is a result of the quality, training and standards that every one of our 160 employees is consistently held to.
If an unsafe condition is perceived anytime during any project, every IITI employee has been trained to shut the project down until safe conditions can be re-established. As with everything IITI does, no corners are ever cut. Short term gain is never put in front of the lasting result.
In addition to basic CPR, first aid, rigid pre-hiring/post-accident and random drug testing, annual training is required in the following;
• Hearing Conservation
• Fire Extinguishment
• Fall Protection
• Aerial Lift Training
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Emergency Procedure
• Electrical Safety
• Trenching/Shoring/Excavation Safety
• Power Tools/Hand Tools
• Job Safety Analysis
• Substance Abuses Awareness
Only IITI mandates that our employees master this breadth of safety training to become a part of IITI’s professional team. IITI also makes these same intense training courses available to area and client service or maintenance teams through a complete training package.
The result: Professionalism you can trust.
• National Insulation Associations - Theodore H. Brodie Distinguished Safety Award (Awarded in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
• Illowa Construction Labor and Management Council – Outstanding Safety Record Award (Awarded in 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
• Midwest Insulation Contractors Association – Safety Best Practices Award (Earned in 2006) - Gold Level Best Practices Award (Earned in 2012)
• National Association of Women in Construction - 2012 Regional Safety Excellence Award and 2012 National Safety Excellence Award
• Ryan Companies US – Subcontractor Safety Award (Earned in 2007)